Hi experts, I am facing issues in xCP2.1 deployment. Actually application is deployed successfully b

Options
akhkumar
edited February 23, 2016 in Documentum #1

Hi experts, I am facing issues in xCP2.1 deployment. Actually application is deployed successfully but after its not launching the deployed application URL. Also not getting any error in log files. Your prompt help would be much appreciatedCapture.PNG.png

Comments

• Sade.Alrumaih
    edited February 16, 2016 #2
    Options

Can you share your application server logs .?

• Doina
    edited February 16, 2016 #3
    Options

Hello,

Please verify the following and share with us the outcome:

1. The application link if is the correct one;

2. If the application is really deployed. It may happen that the deploy was ok, but there is actually no application deployed;

3. Log files - you mentioned that there is no error. But is there anything else in the logs? Is important to have the information from the Application Server logs and content Server logs.

4. Verify the CS logs (JMS and Docbase) for any possible errors.

Looking forward for your reply.

Regards,

Doina.

• Doina
    edited February 16, 2016 #4
    Options

Hello,

one other thing - some verify that the server/local machine where the application is deployed responds by name. Or - try to use in your application link the IP of the server or localhost.

From what is visible in the image you shared - you have a "-" (dash) in the name. Some browsers will not read the dash/underscore accordingly, as it does not allow cookies which contain special chars.

Regards,

Doina.

• akhkumar
    edited February 16, 2016 #5
    Options

Actually, I deleted the war and extracted war folder from webapps and also deleted work and temp cache. And, use Deployment Method: Full and Data Policy: Clean

I am not finding any relevant error in application serer. 

• akhkumar
    edited February 16, 2016 #6
    Options

I uses same name space and application that I deleted before.

• VHK
    VHK
    edited February 16, 2016 #7
    Options

I would like to recommend the following steps for trouble shooting the issue

1) check the tcServer/tomcat Instance on which the application was deployed is up and running

http://<ip-address>:8000

if its giving valid response then the instance is up and running

2) Monitor the logs of the tcServer/tomcat Instance if any are getting generated if you hit your application URL

3)The application when deployed will be registered via xms-agent, kindly check the logs of the xms-agent

like xms-full.log and xms.log for any errors because of deployment

4) If any errors in the log exists then try to resolve or you can post it for necessary help

Cheers

• akhkumar
    edited February 17, 2016 #8
    Options

Thanks VHK !!

Problem is with port 8000 is not responding however I am able to launch same applications on different ports like 8080. But for this specific application I want to use port 8000 so what changes I need to do. I have changed it in xcpdesigner.ini to 8000

• nking
    nking E
    edited February 17, 2016 #9
    Options

So have you reconfigured the app server and the xMS environment definition to both use port 8000?

• Doina
    edited February 17, 2016 #10
    Options

Hello,

changing the port to be used for your application depends on what Application Server you have.

In order to have your application on 8000 port, you need to change the configuration for the application server. If you have Tomcat - see here: How to change Tomcat default port ?

Keep in mind that you need to have the port free and not in use by other applications/processes.

Changing the port is xcpdesingner.ini - the port 8000 is default. Still, in order to work, you need to have also the Application Server to run on the same port.

Or - you can change the port 8080 in xCPDesigner and will work as is right now, without changing the port for the application server.

Regards,

Doina.

• akhkumar
    edited February 18, 2016 #11
    Options

Thanks  Doina !!!

• dnvhariprasad
    edited February 20, 2016 #12
    Options

Also check whether the path of your application server has any white space.

• nking
    nking E
    edited February 23, 2016 #13
    Options

Is this resolved yet?

• akhkumar
    edited February 23, 2016 #14
    Options

YES

• nking
    nking E
    edited February 23, 2016 #15
    Options

I am glad to hear that.  Could you either mark the correct answer, or post the resolution?  That would really help others in the future....