Issue with button behavior

nad6675
edited February 18, 2016 in Documentum #1

Hi everyone,

I'm facing an issue when i try to define the behavior of a button. I want it to be enabled only when all the fields of a formula are filled.

The problem is that i have Date Time value and float value. So i can't say " enable when actionflow. .... .Date != ' ' " . It's ok for String but when it's float or date time i can't figure out a solution. (i tried "null" but not working) Can someone help me please? Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• elboukhari
    edited February 17, 2016 #2 Answer ✓

Hi ,

what is your current version of XCP.

you can perform form validation ( and button enable/disbale) with various ways.

1- adding validation constraint to your  fields and use the isValide of the column box containing your form fields.

2 - for date field you do have isNulldate(date) javascript function that you can use float compare should be also easy if you pland to have a more complexe condition.

you can also use the ifThenElse method that return  a var object ( no type in returen and you can like that convert all your condition inputs into empty string bu i guess OOTB js functions should do it.

@Benjamin : this is UI validation we should never make server call to do such a action;

hope this helps

Otman

Answers

• desantiago
    edited February 17, 2016 #3

Hello,

You can create a stateless process will run when a field value change.

This process will evaluate if your date time or float is empty.

Regards

• elboukhari
    edited February 17, 2016 #4 Answer ✓

Hi ,

what is your current version of XCP.

you can perform form validation ( and button enable/disbale) with various ways.

1- adding validation constraint to your  fields and use the isValide of the column box containing your form fields.

2 - for date field you do have isNulldate(date) javascript function that you can use float compare should be also easy if you pland to have a more complexe condition.

you can also use the ifThenElse method that return  a var object ( no type in returen and you can like that convert all your condition inputs into empty string bu i guess OOTB js functions should do it.

@Benjamin : this is UI validation we should never make server call to do such a action;

hope this helps

Otman

• nad6675
    edited February 18, 2016 #5

Thanks you very much guys