Hi,we have just installed new TS 6.1 on AIX. After importing some templates from 5.5.2 machine to new server, we had problems with parsing inline elements in DCTs. From some reason IW_WORKAREA variable passed to server-side inline callout program always starts with server hostname:IW_WORKAREA="//server1/default/main/....."., This means that the program fails in finding xml files to include. We remove the server name part of the path, but it was an ugly surprise still. Is that a new "feature" ? Thanks for help on it,Bohuslav Jirak
I'm not sure I'd say "feature" - but it is a valid style of VPATH - so yes - this is reasonably new and you should get used to looking for it.
OK, Now I have found that it is called server-rooted vpath. OK, I have also found that for some clt it is not supported. What is the point having it anyway?Bohuslav.
Any CLT that takes a vpath - should accept a server-rooted vpath. If you find one which doesn't it should be reported as a bug.Some CLTs expect a file system path - that certainly won't work with a server-rooted vpath.The problem you are most likely running into is that on Solaris - store-rooted (as opposed to server-rooted) vpaths *also* function as file system paths - because /default is a symlink; and thus it has become blurred as to which commands are expecting / using a vpath versus those that are expecting / using a file system path.