I made a new edition and used iwmigrate to migrate my content to a new backing store location on the same server. My reason for doing this is that my original backing store is extremly corrupted on one of the branches and unfixable. I want to be able to have the new backing store look identical to the old one (jobs, tasks, and unsubmitted files also need to come over)What's the best way to copy over the jobs?- do I copy the workflow folder from the original store folder over to the new one, there are two workflow folders in the iw-store folder (workflow and workflow.4107897129), should I copy bothHow do I move over the files that are currently not in staging (new or unsubmitted) and retain their locks, and original status?
Are you saying that you're planning to delete your old store after the migration?
YesIt would be even better if I was able to do a View\Modified to select all the files in the old store and then do a copy to from the new store . Then, when all is said and done, I could delete the old default store from the iw-store location and then copying the new store into the old default store's location. Then rename the new store to default. But, that's probably not possible. I would think that would screw up alot of pointers and stuff, but then again maybe not.
Goal - make new backing store from current corrupted backing store, retain the exact path (\default\main\....), all jobs, tasks, unsubmitted content, locks, etcI suppose I could do the following using one server. (this is getting messy) I could also do it without as many steps using two servers.make a new edition for each branchrun iwmigrate and create a default_new store start up both stores (default and default_new)submit everythingcopy everything over all the changed or new files that I need from default to default_new so that the default_new mimics the old store. shutdown the old store (default), rename iw-store to iw-store-old or delete it all togetherrun iwmigrate and create a third store called "default" from default_new start up the default_new store and the new "default" storesubmit everythingcopy everything the changed or new files (files that aren't in staging) that I need from default_new to default so that the default mimics the old store. shutdown default_newstart up defaultThis would hopefully retain all the pathing and in the end I would have my "default" store with the same paths, workflows and locks (locks probably won't come over, but that's okay)
I may try that. It's the "Rename iw-store/default to iw-store/old_default" that is the uncertain area. If it works, then that would be great. I'll let you know what the outcome of this is next week when I try it.