Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Can't select existing database during install of Deployment Agent
mkocsis
I have to install Deployment Agent at a customer site. I will not have access to an administrator login on the production SQL Server. The proposed solution was to run the install against a SQL Server where I do have access to an administrator login and then have the DBAs copy the tables into the production server. The problem is I can't select the "Use existing" radio button. It is disabled. I have added an ODBC connection to our test box, but this didn't help. I have searched support and haven't found anything related to this issue. Does anyone know if this is a bug? Has anyone else run into this issue?
I have opened a support ticket, but solutions seem to come quicker through the forum.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lyman
You are correct that this cannot be done directly in the installer. However, assuming you can run the install to a temporary database and then your DBA's can clone that database onto your production server, if you contact support they will be able to step you through changing the internal settings to point to the new database.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd
mkocsis
I appreciate the information.
DataCubeHelp.zip