How to add user through Ldap to documentum when the same user was inactive in dctm and deleted from

Options
AnupritaSapate
edited April 20, 2016 in Documentum #1

Hi Experts,

We have one request where we want to add user in Documentum.

We add user through Ldap and ten ldapsych job add that user to documentum

There was one user abc with 'user  Login Name' and 'User OS Name' as hh123 and email is as abc.hh@aa.com.

The user abc was deleted year back from ldap and amd inactive in documentum

Now the same user with 'user  Login Name' and 'User OS Name' as hh123 but the name is bcd and email address is bcd.hh@aa.com wants access in Documentum

We were able to add that user in Ldap but as that User OS Name was previously present in Documentum  was inactive made active.

What can i do to add the user with different email address and name in  Documentum?

Thanks

Comments

• DCTM_Guru
    edited April 19, 2016 #2
    Options

Do you want to keep the reference of previous user?  If so, use the rename function in Documentum Administrator to change the references to previous user.

If you dont care about the previous reference, you should be able to delete the dm_user name using DA, and the LDAP sync job will re-create using the new email address and name.

• AnupritaSapate
    edited April 20, 2016 #3
    Options

Thanks Johny,

But deleting user from dm_user is not mostly preferred right?

• DCTM_Guru
    edited April 20, 2016 #4
    Options

Its not preferred from a referential integrity perspective.  If that user create/import any documents, he/she will the owner of those documents.  Deleting the dm_user account does NOT change the owner_name for those existing objects.

Renaming the user is the preferred way; the rename functionality takes care of changing all the references.

• AnupritaSapate
    edited April 20, 2016 #5
    Options

We tried to run few queries to get the reference with any data

select * from dm_cabinet where object_name like 'AB45%' Result-0

select * from dm_folder where owner_name like 'ABC%'

Result:all are cm_home_cabinet_acl other than ABC45 have cm_home_cabinet_parent_acl

1) Trash

2)Temporary/ABC

3)AB45

4)Personal Files ABC

As i were preferring to delete the user.

Can you guide me with the Renaming the user as i can see the job dm_userRename inactive since 2014 in prod.

Can you guide me like which user can be reassigned to which user?

Because we are reassigning particular user with new user the new user should be present in Documentum right which is added from ldap after running LDAP Synch job.

When we try  to do reassign user

The user name get modified right with new user?

i tried to do it in test env, but i am getting following error:

Failed to update or create user

[DFC_USER_INVALID_DEFAULT_ACL_DOMAIN]Invalid default ACL Domain 'user' is not the repository owner or the user.

Can you guide me with the option of Reassigning user or i can go with deleting the user.

• Haroon_A
    edited April 20, 2016 #6
    Options

I think you should be able to create a temp/dummy user and "rename" your original abc user to it.

After rename job runs, your original abc user will be renamed to temp/dummy user.

then you can resync your new abc.