Hi All,I want to attach values metadata fields defined in the "Teamsite\iw-home\local\config\datacapture.cfg" to the DCR's. I wanted to know that is there any other option of filling in these values except by going in "Tag" property in the file menu in the content center. Any pointers would be of great help.Thanks & RegardsVipin
I want to attach values metadata fields defined in the "Teamsite\iw-home\local\config\datacapture.cfg" to the DCR's. I wanted to know that is there any other option of filling in these values except by going in "Tag" property in the file menu in the content center. Any pointers would be of great help.
One option that I can think of is having a section in the DCT itself for metadata capture.
this is an old, deprecated technique
Although, much more user friendly as the user only has to use one screen to enter information about their DCR and not two.Yeah, the wizard makes it nicer, but it is still confusing for some users. As we all know, the average TeamSite user isn't the brightest bulb on the tree. Having only one screen to enter everything is less confusing than having two.~Jeff
well, it's a big architectural discussion What come first - chicken or egg?I think that metadata belongs to an asset, not a DCR itself, that could be potentially used to produce a number of HTML pages. Hence, metadata IMO *MUST* be attached to the asset itself. Also, you add metadata to many assets, not only HTML/JSPS, etc. There is no other way to attach it in an elegant manner, but using EAs. Many of my clients have a requirement to attach metadata to digital assets as well.I myself, having had a *very substantial* experience with large corporations and their metadata, and their users, am confident, that the users can handle both screens, with some extra training.Also, don't forget, that the new, unified form interface will be coming, for both templating and metadata capturing, so the users will look at the whole process as a simple sequence of screens, that visually look similar.
Amen.To add though, one of the "tricks" we've used in the past is to put a callout button in the DCT form that invokes the tagging UI (after saving the DCR) so that it's viewed as an extension to the DCR's DCT form instead of a separate process (though it's still a separate process for non-DCRs)