Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Catalog Management
Vipin_Kothari
Hi All,
I wanted to know if anyone has done catalog management in TeamSite.
Any plausible approach that can be chosen for catalog management within TeamSite maintaining the relationship between the products, would be of great help.
Any pointers/documentation for the same is most welcome.
Thanks in advance
Vipin
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Nicholas
If you can write your business requirement would be easy to suggest?
Vipin_Kothari
I want to know the approach for managing product data that meets the demands of B2B marketplaces, wholesalers, distributors, and retailers, who need to aggregate, create, categorize and distribute eCatalogs. This content will include information like product name and description, stock keeping unit (SKU) code, price, and other data.
I hope it clarifies the situation.
Nicholas
In general, product information is maintained using some category, sub-category, modeltype etc. You can create a DCT which will capture all this information and every DCR (for a product) will generate could be set them as extended attributes. you can also generate a navigation on the basis of these categories, sub-categories and values.
Above is just the quiet basic information, you can continue this discussion by writing your scenarios.
HTH
Thanks Nicholas
Vipin_Kothari
If I have all the product info as different DCR's in a single folder, then how do think categorization can be done?
Nicholas
What is your status/exp in TeamSite?
Categorization would be done in terms of extended attributes not on some directory stucture. This will all happen when the content will generate, all paths would be generated dynamically based on the directory stucture of your content.
If you are new to TeamSite then I would suggest to hire a consultant.
Thanks Nicholas