I need to run the below API command through DFC program.
apply,c,i_contents_id,PURGE_CONTENT
Can anyone help me how to acheive this?
If there are Accepted Answers, those will be shown by default. You can switch to 'All Replies' by selecting the tab below.
API or DQL shouldn't make any difference in this case. To call using apply, I don't have any code snippet at hand but it should be something like:
IDfSession.apply("<your content ID>", "DESTROY_CONTENT", list1, list2, list3);
Even though you don't need any extra parameters for this method, you can't pass null values for the lists if I remember correctly. You need to instantiate 3 empty DfLists.
PURGE_CONTENT is server method. You can run server methods directly from Documentum Administrator. Make sure you replace the value of i_contents_id in the method arguments.
I'm able to run from DA, but i need to run it through DFC. Is that possible?
IDfSession.apply() or use DQL execute command.
I tried IDfSession.apply() method but it is throwing an error to me. Can you please help me in framing the below API command for IDfSession.apply() method?
I tired with IDfList data type and arguements by using do_method but it didn't help me.
Then use DQL:
EXECUTE purge_content FOR 'content_object_id'
Thanks bacham. I will try this. meanwhile can you help me in framing the below API for apply method? I believe API command will be faster than DQL since i'm going to do bulk deletion.
apply,c,i_contents_id,DESTROY_CONTENT
Posting the error message would be helpful. Make sure you are replacing 'i_contents_id' with the actual ID value.
, when i run execute command through DFC, I'm getting you need sysadmin permission to delete the content.. but when i run the apply command in documentum administrator using same login details, content is getting deleted.. so weird
: I'm getting method destroy_content not found in dm_method.. may be i'm not passing the arguments properly.. thats why looking for snippet to run apply command through dfc.. can you help?? i think if we pass run as server arguments,then command may execute like how it works in DA.. correct me if I'm wrong
IDfApplyPurgeContent cmd = (IDfApplyPurgeContent) AdminApplyCommand .getCommand(IDfAdminCommand.APPLY_PURGE_CONTENT);cmd.setContentId(contentId);cmd.execute(session);
Thank you and