I came in the middle of this project and am learning as I go. The person I replaced left no notes whatsoever so I'm still trying to get a handle on the whole thing.Just got a call from IW Support. They said I can simply copy the contents of the old system's Y:\ to the new system's Y:\.
You certainly should tell you boss to get a consultant in for a couple weeks who has done this. It is not trivial. You certainly do not want to go through the upgrade to 5.5 to 5.5.2 SP6 to whatever to another whatever. The best approach is to start grabbing editions, import them into new TS and submit direct them. Go to next edition. That approach has certain issues, if you grab a bunch of editions, you will replicate assets, the time and disk will grow dramatically. If you grab one or 2 editions, no big deal.The larger issue is that you are using the same branching structure that was implemented in 2001. That *might* be OK, but the odds are no.
My company is located in Alabama. And before you get have any false ideas I am NOT a redneck.
I have made the executive decision not to upgrade. We will start "fresh" using 6.5. I found out that there aren't enough templates to preserve.
I have TeamSite and OpenDeploy installed on a new server.
I would think a consultant worth his/her salt (very expensive salt from the looks of it) could configure the cfg and xml files and make sure everything is pointing to the proper places.
I simply don't have time to try and wade through all of the finer details due to pressure from our Marketing department.
I have made the executive decision not to upgrade. We will start "fresh" using 6.5. I found out that there aren't enough templates to preserve. I have TeamSite and OpenDeploy installed on a new server. I would think a consultant worth his/her salt (very expensive salt from the looks of it) could configure the cfg and xml files and make sure everything is pointing to the proper places.I simply don't have time to try and wade through all of the finer details due to pressure from our Marketing department.