Virtual Links in D2

Rajesh_Mani_dctm
edited January 12, 2017 in Documentum #1

Hi,

Anyone know how to implement virtual links in D2, Is there any package available from EMC for this feature in D2?

Virtual linking i mean is accessing repository objects using URL in D2 application.

Thanks

Rajesh Mani

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• DCTM_Guru
    edited January 10, 2017 #3

Did you enable the actions in the Config (Tools > Options) in D2-config app?

• Rajesh_Mani_dctm
    edited January 12, 2017 #4

Hi Johnny,

Where can I get help documentation around how to use this action, any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks

Rajesh Mani

• Rajesh_Mani_dctm
    edited January 12, 2017 #5

Hi Johnny,

I was able to see some information around this as "Enabling Actions for Intelligent URLs"

But, what are intelligent URLs and how do we get them for documents in the repository or how to create them??

-Rajesh Mani

• DCTM_Guru
    edited January 12, 2017 #6

See these links:

• Rajesh_Mani_dctm
    edited January 12, 2017 #7

Hi Johnny,

Is there any way to generate/create this Intelligent URLs from D2 client or any other program?

Thanks

Rajesh Mani

• evgeny_v
    edited January 12, 2017 #8 Answer ✓

Just right-click on a document and select 'Copy link to clipboard'. This will automatically generate an Intelligent link like

http://localhost:8080/D2/?docbase=RepoName&locateId=Object_ID

By following this link you will be automatically pointed to the Object location and it should be highlighted.

• Rajesh_Mani_dctm
    edited January 12, 2017 #9

so I guess for other type of URLs shown in the video, we would need to create them manually in the prescribed format.

Thank you all for the response

Rajesh Mani