Possible to control "Required Properties" based on work space in D2

renewtx
edited March 31, 2017 in Documentum #1

We have an application that consists of multiple work spaces (were each one identifies a different department, lets say).  All work spaces make use of the same object type and property page for documents.  We now have a use case where on some of the work spaces (departments) a couple of the attributes are required, but they are not required in the other work spaces (departments).

Is there a way to control whether the attributes are required based on the current user's work space context?

In D2-Config, on the attribute definition you can specify a Required Condition, but that is exclusively based on using the available attributes.  I was thinking of using the Advanced View Editor and wondering if there is way to determine the current work space context using that.  What functions/methods are available for use in the editor (is there a list documented somewhere)?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Bert_Koehler
    edited March 31, 2017 #2 Answer ✓

Hi Rene,

I don't know of a setting for this, but a workaround would be to have different property pages controlled by contexts. The contexts could depend on department memberships.

Regards, Bert

Answers

• Bert_Koehler
    edited March 31, 2017 #3 Answer ✓

Hi Rene,

I don't know of a setting for this, but a workaround would be to have different property pages controlled by contexts. The contexts could depend on department memberships.

Regards, Bert

• Mayur_shivs
    edited March 31, 2017 #4

As per as my knowledge this cannot be achieved using advanced view editor. You need to configure different property page in this case.

Regards

Mayur

• renewtx
    edited March 31, 2017 #5

Thanks -- I suspected as much, but was hoping for another option.