I have the problem that whenever I try to deploy an edition it fails. Deploying directly from staging works without any problems.I get an error "ERROR: Failed FindServerByName with TeamSite""00029LIB: 2006-04-14 10:10:13 ERROR: Could not process area path"OpenDeploy version 6.1.0TeamSite 6.7.0Any help would be appreciated, I have already opened a ticket with support, but thought I might check with the collective brain trust.
anyone come to a resolution on this? Looks like TeamSite 6.7 breaks edition deploys.
Actually - that wouldn't surprise me. Edition deployments are tied to TS operations - so you probably have to upgrade OD to 6.1.0 (or higher).If you want to do file system based deployments (instead of teamsite-based - and I consider keying off the magic "/EDITION" and "/EDITION/IW_PREV" to be such) then you should be okay using 6.0.2.
<remoteDiff area="Y:\default\branch\EDITION">
<remoteDiff area="Y:\default\branch\EDITION\edition_name">
/EDITION
Here's what I have been able to figure out so far:<remoteDiff area="Y:\default\branch\EDITION"> does not work anymoreand<remoteDiff area="Y:\default\branch\EDITION\edition_name"> still worksIt would appear to me that the use of /EDITION to grab the latest edtion, regardless of name, no longer works with TeamSite 6.7.
I think that has been discussed before - if you're using a TeamSite based deployment (i.e. there should be no Y: at the beginning of the path) EDITION should work - if you're using a Filesystem based path (Y:/) then EDITION doesn't work. I think there was a FR opened for this to be changed / fixed - search the forums regarding this because I'm pretty sure it was posted.
I just tested it out with the /default/branch "TeamSite" pathing and it throws the same error.
Well - the obvious answer (if you haven't already done this) is: Contact Support (and then let us all know what happens)
/EDITION/myeditionname