How can I know what service I can use?

Options
mj312
edited August 22, 2017 in Documentum #1

Hi,

I have used Documentum for a while but still confusing for something:

Where I can find information about my Documentum system, like version, license, components/running services, etc.? Are there any files in the server containing these information?

How can I know what services else I can use in my Documentum system? for example, if I want to use print control service, can it be installed to my system? or any 3rd party option I can choose?

I'm not sure if life cycle function was enabled, how to verify if I can use lifecycle functions?

plesae help me out, thanks~

Tagged:

Best Answer

• DCTM_Guru
    edited August 22, 2017 #2 Answer ✓
    Options

Most of this information is displayed on the "home" page of the Documentum Administrator application.

As for installing other services/components to the server, you will need to review the Documentum Environment and System Requirements guide to see version compatibility with various products.

You can query to see if you have lifecycle(s) installed.  If they are installed, it does not necessary mean they are available to use them.  You will also need to apply lifecycle to document and the application is controlled by "allowed" document type configured in the lifecycle definition.

Answers

• DCTM_Guru
    edited August 22, 2017 #3 Answer ✓
    Options

Most of this information is displayed on the "home" page of the Documentum Administrator application.

As for installing other services/components to the server, you will need to review the Documentum Environment and System Requirements guide to see version compatibility with various products.

You can query to see if you have lifecycle(s) installed.  If they are installed, it does not necessary mean they are available to use them.  You will also need to apply lifecycle to document and the application is controlled by "allowed" document type configured in the lifecycle definition.