D2 Autolink works with import and not with Create

Francois Dauberlieu
edited November 8, 2017 in Documentum #1

Is it me or is there a problem in D2 4.7 P06 and higher

In my config, I have an Autolink configuration for a specific content (doc type).

If I import a doc of this type, the Autolink config is used, the folders are created if needed and the document is linked to those folders.

If I create a document of this type, the folders are created BUT the document is linked to my home cabinet....

I try to set the Autolink before security for the JM to true and then to false but it stays the same

Anybody seen that?

Comments

• AshishSrivastava
    edited October 27, 2017 #2

Yes Francois, I am seeing it in D2 4.7 Patch 07with EMC Asset Operations product. I checked with couple of my colleagues and it is not happening in D2 4.5. I have created a OT support ticket hoping for an answer.

Kind Regards,

Ashish Srivastava

• Francois Dauberlieu
    edited October 27, 2017 #3

Doesn't happen in 4.6 either.

Let us know when you get more info from OT Support

• AshishSrivastava
    edited October 27, 2017 #4

Will do..

• AshishSrivastava
    edited November 8, 2017 #5

Francois,

The issue is D2 Autolink is not being called during create. If you look in D2.log for create scenario, you will not find the line starting with D2LinkConfig. Not sure if this is a bug/missing configuration in these versions.But it seems that is the root cause of the issue

Kind Regards,

Ashish Srivastava

• FYI, Just deployed a test D2 16.4 system and the auto-linking seems to be working fine.

A few problems found with Templates in 16.4 though. I'll create a new post for them

• Look at permissions.xml file on the Content Server 7.x under DctmServer_MethodServer\deployments\ServerApps.ear\META-INF\ & under DctmServer_MethodServer\deployments\bpm.ear\META-INF\

Check if file is in UNIX text file format or PC txt file. This format determines the hidden characters at line end

Unix [LF] vs. PC [CR][LF]. You can do so by opening the file in Notepad++ > View > Show Symbol > Show All Characters to confirm

Reset the permissions.xml files to PC if you are on windows platform,
    This should solve the issue

Restart the JMS and docbase services and try.It should work

Kind Regards,
    Ashish Srivastava