Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Utility Daemon
System
I probably just overlooked this when I was looking through the release notes, but if someone knows and is willing to give me an answer, I'll get you a beer at GearUp next year. During installation of 6.7.0, I noticed that the user is now prompted to provide the port for the HTTPS utility daemon (default 6689). What is it, and what does it do?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bill Klish
I believe this is the daemon that listens for URL task calls within a workflow. These are meant to be replacements of external tasks, where you would have to fork a new jvm to run any java commands. This utility allows you to run the code within the same JVM as TeamSite (via a servlet for example), giving you a nice performance increase, without the added headaches of super long classpath inclusions.
Hope that helps,
-Bill