Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
CSFile.getRelatedTaskIds returning bogus ids
Bill Klish
TeamSite 6.5 SP1
Windows 2003 EE
I encountered some CSObjectNotFoundExceptions while trying to view the properties of files within a workarea. What I found was the following exception being thrown:
com.interwoven.cssdk.common.CSObjectNotFoundException: (Object being looked up was not found)
at com.interwoven.cssdk.workflow.jni.CSWorkflowEngineJNIServer.getTasks(Native Method)
at com.interwoven.cssdk.workflow.jni.WorkflowServiceAdapterImpl.getTasks(WorkflowServiceAdapterImpl.java:227)
at com.interwoven.cssdk.workflow.impl.CSWorkflowEngineImpl.getTasks(CSWorkflowEngineImpl.java:139)
at com.interwoven.ccpro.filesys.properties.file_005fproperties_jsp._jspService(file_005fproperties_jsp.java:677)
After noticing that this exception was attempting to get task information for this file, I did some digging and this file has bogus task ids associated with it. The task ids that are associated are oddly enough for a subworkflow task in a workflow, that is the last task that runs before an end task is reached.
I am not sure why this is happening, but I can reproduce it using multiple files, and roles. What I can't figure out is why the properties link which is using the CSFile.getRelatedTaskIds to get the information to show isn't doing a check to ensure that the task ids that are returned are valid. Instead this exception is thrown. So, the getTasks method should be checking this and ignoring invalid ids. However, I still would like to know why this is happening.
I realize that the task ids should be cleared when the workflow ends, but apparently they are not.
Doing a check of the iwevents.log, I notice something strange. The main workflow is being inactivated before the sub workflow. I could see how this would lead to the issue. Any idea why or how this could be possible?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bill Klish
This has been filed as a bug. The way the sub workflow tasks are handled using the CS SDK and Workflow Engine seems to be inconsistent. I am working with support on trying to get to the root cause of this, but there seems to be a disconnect between the workflow engine and the cs sdk for these tasks (control is returned to the application before the sub workflow task is fully activated, and the parent workflow can finish before the child workflow).
I will update if a resolution is found.
lkung
Were you able to get any additional information on this?
Bill Klish
I can't seem to find the bug number, but I am told this is fixed in TeamSite 6.5 SP3 and 6.7.1. I haven't had a chance to verify it on our 6.7.1 system yet.
-Bill
MuraliV
I don't think it is still working in 6.5 SP3. We are facing the same issue.
When I try to see the properties of the file in CCPro, I get the error mentioned above.
And when I run the command
C:/iw-home\bin>iwgetfilejobs /web/main/iRAC/Control/WORKAREA/Work/reservation/ga
q/itIT/whatViewVehicleInclude.jsp, I see the following:
job=1986045 task=1986059
But this job is no longer valid, I mean I can't find the job id in the workflow tab. Not sure how to solve this issue.
Please help if any one has any pointers.
Bill Klish
Sadly, this issue still exists in TeamSite 6.7.1 patch 4 and I am guessing 6.7.2.