Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Upgrading eWebEditPro (visual Format)
JessicaD
Has anyone upgraded the version of eWebEditPro they use with TeamSite, and have you run into issues with the upgrade or with TeamSite after the upgrade? We currently have TeamSite 6.5 and use eWebEditPro v 4.2.0.11 because we were told that it's the one that's shipped with TeamSite 6.5 and it's the one that's compatible with Interwoven products. We'd like to upgrade to a newer version of eWebEditPro (even the XML version), but are concerned about the impact it might have on TeamSite's performance. Any comments or input is appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JonathonG
I don't believe Interwoven supports any version of Ektron's tool other than the one that ships. IIRC, there were some old posts about people trying to upgrade and having mixed success.
DavidMusser
I concur... (or agree if you will :-) ) I've seen this work with some of the versions of Ektron, and then crash and burn with others. Also upgrading if you've made any changes to ektron is always fun so I'd try to stick with that IWOV ships with..
What features are you looking for? And for anyone else reading this is 6.7.1 going to have a different visual format editor, and if so can anyone tell us which one so we can all go out and see if it's good ;-)
Johnny
I doubt that you're even licensed to upgrade the product yourself - it's shipped as OEM.
Johnny
I heard the editors will extend to TinyMCE and FCKeditor - both are open source javascript/html based editors.
jjk
We would like to explore other editors too. Specifically XML to try and do more content reuse. Has anyone used other editors or authoring tools with TS?