If the target receiver isn't available, perhaps due to the server being offline, there is a connection retry count setting you can use to determine when the sender should give up. The timeout doesn't come into play unless a connection is successfully established between a sender and receiver.If a deployment is non-transactional, all targets should receive content, except for the one that wasn't available or timed out.If a deployment is transactional, a failed connect or timeout should trigger rollback on all targets, unless you set the quorum value to something less than the total number of targets.
ENG: 2009-03-23 15:37:29 MET GMT+01:00 Thread-2664 entering setupLIB: 2009-03-23 15:37:29 LOGFILE=[/logfiles/od/src.my_deployment.config.scws0001.to.target02.log]LIB: 2009-03-23 15:37:29 Locale=[English_UnitedStates.US-ASCII@Binary]ENG: 2009-03-23 15:37:30 MET GMT+01:00 Thread-2664 Connecting to host=scwaa180 port=20014ENG: 2009-03-23 15:37:30 MET GMT+01:00 Thread-2664 Sender Side timeout = 120ENG: 2009-03-23 15:37:30 MET GMT+01:00 Thread-2664Sender Side timeout set for the entire deploymentENG: 2009-03-23 15:37:30 MET GMT+01:00 Thread-2664 Buffer Size 8000ENG: 2009-03-23 15:52:32 MET GMT+01:00 Thread-2664 ***ERROR - Job ID=m1314Deployment=bzws_deployment_configWA Base: Exceeded all 3 retries to get a connection with the target OpenDeploy host. Failed creating socket.
I realise this is an old thread, but I'm having the same issue. Sender OD is stuck forever (or too long IMHO), when connecting to a targer OD server. The target Unix server is up, but OD receiver itself isn't running on it (some port or permission issue is stopping it from launching) ENG: 2009-03-23 15:37:29 MET GMT+01:00 Thread-2664 entering setupLIB: 2009-03-23 15:37:29 LOGFILE=[/logfiles/od/src.my_deployment.config.scws0001.to.target02.log]LIB: 2009-03-23 15:37:29 Locale=[English_UnitedStates.US-ASCII@Binary]ENG: 2009-03-23 15:37:30 MET GMT+01:00 Thread-2664 Connecting to host=scwaa180 port=20014ENG: 2009-03-23 15:37:30 MET GMT+01:00 Thread-2664 Sender Side timeout = 120ENG: 2009-03-23 15:37:30 MET GMT+01:00 Thread-2664Sender Side timeout set for the entire deploymentENG: 2009-03-23 15:37:30 MET GMT+01:00 Thread-2664 Buffer Size 8000ENG: 2009-03-23 15:52:32 MET GMT+01:00 Thread-2664 ***ERROR - Job ID=m1314Deployment=bzws_deployment_configWA Base: Exceeded all 3 retries to get a connection with the target OpenDeploy host. Failed creating socket. While this deployment is stuck, other deployments started are queued but not processed. I added the localNode timeout="120" attribute, hoping to have that reduce the timeout time, but it's having no effect. Well, Todd did say earlier in the thread: "The timeout doesn't come into play unless a connection is successfully established between a sender and receiver.", which isn't really how I would have interpreted the doc on this, but it does support my findings. So how do I cut down on the timeout time, if a deployment is targeting a server where the receiver is down?
Hi Boris, thanks for your suggestion. The answer is no, I haven't played with those params. But based on reading the documentation, I don't see how they could possibly be related to my need. These params deal with concurrency management, which only comes into play if the Sender can open a socket to the Receiver. In my case, the connection is simply not created, because the Receiver isn't running OD. Yet it takes the sender a very long time to realise that.
blockMaxWaitTime="60" blockCheckInterval="15"
ENG: 2009-04-01 11:40:16 MEST GMT+02:00 Thread-3928 Buffer Size 8000ENG: 2009-04-01 12:06:30 MEST GMT+02:00 Thread-3928 ***ERROR - Job ID=m1944Deployment=bzws_deployment_globalBR Base: Exceeded all 3 retries to get a connection with the target OpenDeploy host. Failed creating socket.
I'm not sure why you're seeing different results...