Hi,
I recently inherited a project that requires that we disable (turn off) live site to test some functionality.
Is there a simple way to disable/turn off Livesite?
Livesite is hosted on Windows server 2012.
Thanks in advance! -Brandon
If there are Accepted Answers, those will be shown by default. You can switch to 'All Replies' by selecting the tab below.
OpenDeploy has nothing to do with LiveSite (other than od moves content to the folder structure LS looks at).
You can rename the sites folder then reboot the box. That might work
I'm no expert, our LiveSite services are not running on Windows. If you are running LS (assuming DS) under Tomcat, I believe you will find a TomCat instance running. Kill it.
Depending upon what you are trying to accomplish you can rename the "sites" folder in the LiveSite DocRoot folder. Then LSDS won't know what to build. I'm not sure if it will even run after doing that. It may start up and just throw some errors.
Thanks. That is what I thought. I don't have access to the server, but was told that tomcat is not installed. Do you know what this service does? Does it only handle deployments or also the running of livesite? iwodserver Interwoven OpenDeploy 710 Service
Ok. I will ask about doing that. If the rename does not work, we should be able to rename it back without an issue, correct?
Thank you!
I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish. if you just want it to return NOTHING that will do it. If you want to actually shut it down that will not do it.
What is the end-game?
and yes renaming it back SHOULD do the trick.
The end game is to return nothing adn disable it so other applications can run on the same server. I've never worked with this CMS before and I am not familiar with it. Based on what I read tomcat is the application server running LS, but tomcat doesn't appear to be running, therefore I don't know what else to turn off to disable LS but still keep IIS running.
I dont' have access to the server and I can't browse to "see" the folders you are referring to, so this is increasingly difficult to resolve. I really appreciate your help on this, finding support for this legacy product has been a challenge to say the least.
So you are in a really bad place. There are other app servers that can be used other than Tomcat. I can't comment on what other options there are plenty to choose from.
Without access to the server, your hands are tied. If you no longer want LiveSite on there at all do you want any of the LiveSite/OpenDeploy suite of apps running there? If you want to reclaim the server and you are responsible to "clean it off" you MUST have access to the server and/or partner with someone who does and figure it out. Ask someone to get you a list of the services that are running (DOS command: "net start" would be a good place to start. From there you might be able to figure out what container is being used and stop that service and set it to be disabled.
At this point I'm out of ideas. It's like asking to help work on a car when you can't open the hood.
Denise,
Thank you very much for your help. your suggestion did work.
Thanks again.