Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Deployment Agent search logic
mediabinuser
Hello,
I'm running MediaBin 4.01 SP1. I have a question about the search logic of the Schedules portion of Deployment Agent. If I set up a search similar to the following:
parameter 1 AND
parameter 2 AND
parameter 3 OR
parameter 4 AND
parameter 5 AND
parameter 6
Will Depoyment Agent process both sets of joined parameters? I've encountered a situation where DA will skip over the first set of joined parameters and only process the second (ie, parameter 4 AND parameter 5 AND parameter 6). Is my logic correct in assuming that the Deployment Agent should process both sets of joined parameters?
Thanks for your help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
There is no mechanism to group sets of search conditions. They are always grouped first to last. This is identical to the way they are grouped in the MediaBin web client.
Therefore, your example is processed (((((1 & 2) & 2) & 3) | 4) & 5) & 6.
It sounds like you're expecting (1 & 2 & 3) | (4 & 5 & 6).
parameter 1 AND
parameter 2 AND
parameter 3 OR
parameter 4 AND
parameter 5 AND
parameter 6
You could achieve the desired results by creating two distinct schedules. The first schedule would deploy assets that satisfy 1 & 2 & 3. The second schedule would deploy assets that satisfy 4 & 5 & 6. Note, if some assets have all of the criteria (1&2&3&4&5&6), they would be deployed by both schedule one and schedule two. Assets deployed by both schedules would simply be overwritten at the target by schedule two. Deployment Agent is a single threaded process so there should be no contention if two schedules deploy the same asset to the same target location.
mediabinuser
I see, thank you for clarifying this. You're correct in your assumption that I was expecting (1 & 2 & 3) | (4 & 5 & 6). Now I see that this isn't possible. Thank you for your advice!