Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to make DNR work with UNC path
chduan
I start a deployment with DNR by using the following command:
/opt/apps/OpenDeployNG/bin/iwodstart IWH2-Dev_CREATE_filer.041906_iis6_asp_test_app1.20060426 -k farm=WINDOWSFARM -k dnrCmd='c:/winn
t/system32/cscript.exe d:/iwh2_dnr/CreateVirtualRoot_filer.wsf \\IWHTestStorage\IWHDevel-Test\iwh\041906_iis6_asp_test_app1 041906_i
is6_asp_test_app1 TEST' -k definition=WINDOWS -k srcArea=/default/main/IWH/EDITION/INITIAL/ -k targetArea=d:/iwh2_dnr/blankdirforDNR
/041906_iis6_asp_test_app1
Please note in the above command, I've got UNC path for dnrCmd such as:
\\IWHTestStorage\IWHDevel-Test\iwh\041906_iis6_asp_test_app1
When OpenDeploy (6.0.2) triggers this DNR, it takes one backslash away from my UNC path and leave it like in below shown in base deployment log:
deploy_run_script=c:/winnt/system32/cscript.exe d:/iwh2_dnr/CreateVirtualRoot_filer.wsf \IWHTestStorage\IWHDevel-Test\iwh\041906_iis6_asp_test_app1 041906_iis6_asp_test_app1 TEST
Note: I've got \IWHTestStorage\IWHDevel-Test\iwh\041906_iis6_asp_test_app1 instead of \\IWHTestStorage\IWHDevel-Test\iwh\041906_iis6_asp_test_app1
I've tried several things such as to change the UNC path to be \\\\IWHTestStorage\IWHDevel-Test\iwh\041906_iis6_asp_test_app1
or single quote it like: '\\IWHTestStorage\IWHDevel-Test\iwh\041906_iis6_asp_test_app1'
Nothing worked for me so far. Do anybody else have similar experience and a solution?
Thanks,
Chaorong
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
You might have to map a drive to the UNC path first and reference the path through the drive letter.
You should probably contact Support and have them research this and, potentially, open a feature request for the ability of DNRs to work with UNC paths (I think the use of UNC paths for source/target areas is a fairly recent feature, so it wouldn't surprise me if it isn't currently working for DNRs).