Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DataDeploy - full path missing??
Bill Klish
OpenDeploy 6.0.2 SP1
SQL Server 2000
I am trying to load some data into a database from similar branches, which will contain files with some identical area relative paths. Is there some sort of option I am missing to turn on full paths when data is extracted instead of just the area relative paths?
I need to have /default/main/US/WORKAREA/pathA, /default/main/RU/WORKAREA/pathA, etc. All that I get now is pathA for the path object.
I suppose I can write a Tuple Pre Processor to add the full path in based on the area, but was hoping there was a better way.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bill Klish
After scanning through some other posts, I see there is something that will be added in the future to handle this capability.
In the meantime, you need to manually prepend the area to the beginning of the path element in the data deploy tuple.
BlueWhale
Hello,
We have exactly the same requirement and we need to have the
fullpath to the DCR
(not the WA relative path) in the "Path" column of the database table, as there can be same relative filepaths in multiple workareas in our case, and that's causing issues. We had turned off the del-tracker, as we have the Path column in the table.
For achieving the above, I have played with the
substitutions
and
prepends
for the
path
column but couldn't succeed. I am attaching my deployment script here.
Please let me know if there's a way to resolve my problem.
Also, can someone give me more details on:
[HTML]
In the meantime, you need to manually prepend the area to the beginning of the path element in the data deploy tuple.
[/HTML]
Thanks much.
rodigz
how the users submit the dcrs through the workflow right?
You can get the area path by.
my $areavpath = $ARGV[2];
BlueWhale
As the DD manual says:
[HTML]
Path Field
A tuple field which is the area relative path name of the file associated with the tuple’s key-value pair(s).
[/HTML]
I am getting the relative path of the file into the "Path" column of the database. I am trying to get the full path of the file here into the path column.
I could able to get the workarea vpath into the deployment script through the workflow, that's not a problem, but appending that vpath value to the "path" column is what I am trying to achieve.
Please suggest.
Thanks,
rodigz
\Programs\Interwoven\TeamSite\local\logs\filelist_PAGE2_2121485.txt
what's in your filelist?
It should be the dcr right?
templatedata/Test/sample/data/123.dcr
What data you are trying to get?