Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Content Transformation Services
lidkh
Hi,
I have just migrated to TS6.7.0 on a Solaris 5.8 development server.
I am currently testing the new features in order to evaluate the effort in case we decide to migrate to this version.
One of this new feature is the 'Content Transformation Services' which, in a nutshell, converts Word documents to html or pdf format.
The Index and Search manager are configured and running as well as the event subsystem.
Now, when trying to convert a document, I get the following error message:
2006-04-26 16:58:29,751 [http-8080-Processor25] WARN com.interwoven.ui.base.impl.command.CommandHandler (gharbkh1 commandID iw.transform.convert_file)
- Execute com.interwoven.ui.transform.ConvertFileCommand error.
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.interwoven.ui.transform.service.ServiceMultiple.runTransform(ServiceMultiple.java:218)
at com.interwoven.ui.transform.service.ServiceMultiple.doConvert(ServiceMultiple.java:122)
at com.interwoven.ui.transform.service.ConvertDocumentService.doConvert(ConvertDocumentService.java:87)
at com.interwoven.ui.transform.ConvertFileCommand.execute(ConvertFileCommand.java:270)
...
2006-04-26 16:58:29,755 [http-8080-Processor25] WARN com.interwoven.ui.base.impl.command.CommandHandler (gharbkh1) - command iw.transform.convert_file returned null
By chance, does any of you guys have already tested it?
BTW, the Admin Guide states the following p.193: "Refer to the documentation provided with the content transformation engine."
Which documentation does it refer to?
Thanks in advance for your comments.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bill Klish
Content Transformation Services was made available in TeamSite 6.5 SP2. It is a product that was OEMed from another vendor (similar to how Visual Format is from Ektron). I believe the product is Cambridge Docs under the covers.
I think you need a separate license for this to work, which would possibly be a reason for the null pointer exception. Another thought I had is maybe you need to configure this somehow to enable it. I haven't worked with it, only seen demos.
Hope that helps,
-Bill
stefanmaier
Hi,
Bill is right: you need a separate license to use the Content Transformation Services.
Also you need to install some additional software.
Regards
Stefan
lidkh
Hi Bill, Stephan,
Thanks for your answers. Actually, you are right. One has to install the XDoc server, provided by CambridgeDocs, and then activate the 'Convert' feature in TeamSite.
It looks like I missed the first part, but the IW documentation is definitely not explicit enough.
FYI, I found the following info in a old Interwoven Announcement letter (september 05):
"The Content Transformation Services for TeamSite is a separately priced, optional module to TeamSite 6.5.0 Service Pack 2 (...).This new module requires that installation of the Content Transformation Server (XDoc) from CambridgeDocs. The integration to this server from ContentCenter is available with the TeamSite 6.5 SP2 software and is turned off by default. Customers that have paid for this additional module can download and configure the XDoc server at which point they can turn on the functionality in TeamSite by configuring ContentCenter. More information on the configuration steps is available with the Supplement to TeamSite 6.5 SP2."
Cheers,
Khalid