Question for anyone who has upgraded from TS 6.5 to TS 6.7: Are there any major differences or advantages to using TS 6.7?
I'd say wait till .1, with a hope that new unified tagging/form UI+FormAPI will be there, with the search.
They've also added the ability to tweak file permissions directly through the GUI. I expect most of us use submit.cfg to automatically set permissions, so there's no great benefit to it, but I reckon it's nice for those people who don't.
The new workflow UI should be in 6.7.1 (which is my #1 reason for waiting for 6.7.1 instead of upgrading anyone to 6.7.0)The new tagging UI wasn't given a projected release during GearUp, so while it would be really nice to see it in 6.7.1, I don't think it's coming until a later release (this is one of those cases where I'd love to be proven wrong ;-))
I would guess that they had a requirement from someone to allow end users to change permissions on content through the GUI. I think I could count the number of end users I've met who understand their company's security strategy well enough to manage permissions themselves on one hand.
Also, WF external tasks cannot be run from the command line for non-OS users or if you run the utility daemon as non-root. You will have to use the new URL External Tasks feature that was introduced in TS 6.7.0 for these users.
Sunil,could you further elaborate on a relationship between WF external tasks and 'impersonation failure' problem that we are currently experiencing?This is the error, taken from iwutild.log file:[Mon Oct 30 15:14:31 2006] Error: Impersonation failure user= SIGNET\WCMSAuthor; argcount=5; errCode=1385; cmd=D:\iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl \iw-home/local/config/wft/custom/scripts/generate_files.ipl 874 880 \dfait-maeci\main\internet-internet\international-international\international-international\WORKAREA\content-contenu templatedata\pages-pages\generic-generique\data\aThis is our environment:Windows 2003 EnterpriseTS 6.7.1MetaTagger 4.1.1
Boskovuk,I came across your posting when searching for more information on "Impersonation failure" regarding the same error you presented below. Can you provide any additional information on this cause and solution?