I have date item (mm/dd/yy) and 3 dropdowns items(hr min, session)in datacapture.cfgdate is picked from the calendarhr dropdown has 00 to 12min has 00, 15, 30, 45session has AM, PM and need to get the values seleted from each and make them one xml element value finaldate = date + hr + min + session for example to look like 04/29/2006 03:30 AM and I also want to hidethe date, hr, min, session items in the dcr xmlany leads on this?
...save us from doing date validation. Big deal, right? If one were to apply a regex to the field to do the date validation, it would be ugly -- given the complexities of our calendar with the patterned loss of leap year every 100 years, etc...
Attached is a screenshot of the popup I use, which may or may not include the time according to parameters passed in and also defaults to the current date/time.
prefer to rely on the users not being complete idiots when using this app.
I hear ya on the extra click but a callout would, among other things, save us from doing date validation. Big deal, right? If one were to apply a regex to the field to do the date validation, it would be ugly -- given the complexities of our calendar with the patterned loss of leap year every 100 years, etc. A callout also forces a given format into the date field which can actually save the user some typing. If I were a user, I'd rather click a couple of times versus having to type a given format which might or might not be cumbersome.Attached is a screenshot of the popup I use, which may or may not include the time according to parameters passed in and also defaults to the current date/time.Dave
No, I'm sure it's not but I'll look into including it there.
Y'know, I think I should try to remember how to submit something to the TechLibrary first. If someone could help me out with that, I'd appreciate it.
Dammit, Jeff, I never said I was on crack! Y'know, it's been a while since the crack topic has come up and then here you go breaking my streak. It's not crack, my friend, it's just the inescapable fact of bring 29... y'know, old age. I figure you have a little while before you get there but your mind will start to deteriorate, too!
How many 29th birthdays have you had ?
Hey congrats! But seriously, calm down on the number of days thing, man. I mean, I didn't start counting down those days until it reached... like... 3.
I'm sorry -- I have received a couple of private messages about this script and I will share it. However, I'm trying to wrap up a project right now and in doing so, have been very busy. On the other hand, I'm doing a fair amount of documentation at the moment and this is one of the scripts that I will be documenting. So, as I get to that point in the documentation, I will certainly share it via TechLibrary.Y'know, I think I should try to remember how to submit something to the TechLibrary first. If someone could help me out with that, I'd appreciate it.Thanks for you understanding.Dave
Hi Dave, If you want your script turned into an article, please send me the information in an email and I will create the KB. Our external article contribution is still being worked on, but I am happy to help in any way possible.Thanks,Heather