Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iw_role not present in cookies in TeamSite 6.7
padmanabh
Hi
I have installed TeamSite 6.7 and currently testing it. I have custom menu items. The links in the custom menu call JSP's. The Jsp's get the information about the user/role/TeamSiteHost/IWAUTH etc from the cookies. It used to work OK till 6.5 however, in TeamSite 6.7 iw_role seem to be missing from cookies. Is that true? If the answer is yes, please suggest me some other alternative to get user role here.
Thanks
-Gautam
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
PJoneja
Gautam -
Before TS 6.7, iw_role reflected the user's login role. Since roles are set at the branch level in TS 6.7, iw_role is no longer relevant - the role changes as the user navigates in and out of branches.
There is no easy answer for your question of what to do. What are you using the role for?
-Pam
padmanabh
Pam,
The roles are further used by our application to authorize the user to do certain operations.
For example,
I have a custom menu item. say, "Select files". This link calls a jsp. This Jsp hands over all the information in the cookies and in the request parameters to a servlet. The servlet then authorizes the username and user_role. Only if the user has a proper roles, the "Submit selected files" button gets displayed otherwise only the list of files selected for submission are shown but no "Submit" button if the user role is not "Administrator/Master"
Since the files are selected from a specific Branch, I guessed, it would be possible to know the user role for that branch and would be passed on. But this does not happen.
I also ran the show_env.ipl and it also does not show the iw_role cookie. If I run the show_env.ipl on a 6.5 version, it shows up the iw_role cookie.
Note that in the cookies, IWAUTH us still present.
I guess may be IWAUTH cookie and some CTL needs to be used to get the role information. However I do not know how to do that from within the jsp I am using...
-Gautam