Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Deploying Custom CMD written with VB.NET
sleclerc
I've created a custom command following the sample in the 8.1.1 iToolkit called "MyVBNETImanExt". It works perfectly on my development machine that has VS.NET 2003 installed, but when I deploy the dll on a production machine it is not recognized by DeskSite or FileSite.
In the VB.NET app I set the "Register for COM interop" flag to "Yes" in the project build properties. I then copied the files to the new machine and registered the "tlb" for my class using regasm.exe. Then I added my command to the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Interwoven\WorkSite\8.0\DeskSite\Commands\Menus\Document\Commands" key, but when I start DeskSite and right-click on a document my command is not listed.
I also attempted to install my class using a .NET Deployment project and I made sure that the "tlb" file was set to register as "vsdrfCOM", but this solution did not work either.
What step(s) am I missing?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
guido1
apologies - replied to the wrong post