I wondering if anyone can help. Here is my scenario,I have written a script which generates DCR's based on items returned from a database query.The items returned from the database are written into readonly fields in the dcrs i.e. the dataapture.cfg file has a tag for every field which is populated on the dcr.I need to increase the size of a couple of the fields on the dcr, while still keeping it readonly.any ideas?
I am specifying the fields are readonly in the dct.The only reason I need to increase the size of the field is because the user needs to see the contents of the readonly field without scrolling.
Setting field readonly via FormApi is way to much effort and error-prone.
Hey, compare this:[HTML][/HTML]to your average formapi tasks:- create a js-file and create a "setReadOnly"-function in it (which is not a 1 line thing because you want/need to test whether the passed field-name really exists)- include the js-file in your dct- call your js-function for every readonly field- add event-handlers when the your readonly-field is part of a replicant (for every field again)- and then hope your js-code does not break somewhere along the line which would expose your readonly field to user-input.and tell me which is more complex and error-prone.