I created a workflow that has an external task which send an email using the iwsend_mail.ipl perl script. The external task is followed by an usertask (Visualizza_DCR).I send the external task code in attachment.What happens is that the email is sent correctly to the recipient, but the workflow enters into an "idle" state and the usertask is not activated. I just can see that the external task is always in the Active state.Is there anybody that can help me with this issue?Thank you for your help.
Here is the perl script.It is the iwsend_mail.ipl provided by TeamSite: it is placed into the /bin folder.I did not modify it, I just followed the TeamSite Workflow Documentation.
I already have the name attribute for the external task, and the succ v value is the same as the user task name.Is there something else I should check?
I found what was wrong.
The external task command is built as follow:
[font='Courier New']
[font='Courier New']$command = "$iwhome/iw-perl/bin/iwperl $iwhome/bin/iwsend_mail.ipl -f $from -t $to -s '$subject' -m '$message' -u";
[font='Courier New']where
[font='Courier New']$subject and $message are two strings that contain the space character (' '):
[font='Courier New']=============================================
[font='Courier New']$subject = "TeamSite Alert Notification";
[font='Courier New']$message = "You have a new task.";
[font='Courier New']So the iwsend_mail.ipl script parses the parameters in the wrong way. I tryed to use the '\' to escape the blank space, but nothing changed.
[font='Courier New']How can I escape this character?
[font='Courier New']Thank you for your help!!