Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Reducing the size of workflow objects in backing store
catorarn
Production system: TeamSite65 (base)/win2ksp4. Backing store deactivates on low virtual memory 3 times this week. Only a reboot will recover the situation
Customer has 1280 workflow tasks and 17 workflows. They initiated a new workflow last week and 10 users are involved in that workflow. The workflow contains a cgi task kicking off a perl script that was reported to have 2GB of memory use at least once. I feel that either there is a fault in their workflow or the workflow overflows memory because of existing workflow operations in their system. iwjoberrors.log does not give relevant indications of problems on the dates that the server went down (I still attached it). I want to suggest killing task and or job ids that are not listed in the CCPro, but are listed in iwgetwfobj.
I have a question to workflow experts in Interwoven: If you have a list of jobs in the xml output for iwgetwfobj that contain ids that are not listed in the All Jobs, can you then remove that obj from the backing store? Or do I also have to look at All Tasks in the CCPro as a master. Is it safe to remove ids that are smaller than listed in both these lists? I want to suggest the customer to reduce the size of the amount of tasks and I am trying to find out which tasks are irrelevant.
Just looking for confirmation or suggestions.
cheers!
catorarn
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lyman
I think this accidentally got into the wrong forum. I can ask the admins to move it but could you possibly repost to the TeamSite forum?
Thanks,
Lyman Hurd