Given the location of this message (Templating forum) and some of the text in the original post, although it's not completely clear what s/he wants to do, I'm extracting that this will be part of a DCT's FormAPI. So, why are you bringing up custom menu items?
Instantiate your request object
Make calls to request.getParameter() to get the values of the parameters you set up when you invoked callServer()
Do whatever processing it is you need to do (database lookups, xml parsing, CSSDK calls, whatever)
Write out an HTML page that includes some javascript with a method that will be invoked in response to the onLoad event
Inside that method, get the parent scriptframe and either twiddle values directly (e.g. your calls to to set the option list on the item) or invoke a callback function that you have defined in your formAPI javascript file.
I want to use callserver formapi and show a java servlet with a dropdown-the values in dropdown will come from database.Is it possible to do in java servlet
I am able to call the servlet but it is giving permission denied error when I am using parent.getScriptframe to set the values.Any idea how this can be resolved
opener.parent.getScriptFrame()
hi ghoti,i tried using opener.parent.getScriptframe .it is giving null object error
I have deployed my jsp as mentioned in the UI Customization guide,I am able to deploy it successfully,but when I am calling it from the interwoven templateI am getting the following error:Connection Failediwproxy was unable to open a connection to: hydhtc47678.ad.infosys.com:81Reason: No errorHTTP 404:Connection FailedAny idea why I am getting this error
Hi Ghoti,ya this machine is my Teamsite server.There is no other web server running on the same port