Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OpenDeploy Admin dropping connection to Receiver
System
Hi All -
I've recently upgraded our OpenDeploy environment to version 6.0.2, SP1 & patch. All on Solaris.
We installed one of the receivers on Solaris 10, which is not yet sanctioned, but seems to mostly be working.
Here's the problem: this morning I noticed that, when in the OD Admin GUI, I couldn't 'manage server' to that receiver. This is how I typically look and see if the connection between the base and receiver is OK and usually when it isn't connecting, it's a problem with the receiver or the OD on the receiver.
However, this morning, deployments were all OK to this server. So the file transfer communication between base and reciever was OK, but the communication to register receiver status back to the base was broken.
A bounce of OD on the receiver solved the issue, but I'm suspecting that this may happen again soon. I'm snooping through the doco, Support and DevNet - but thought I'd ask here:
Which of the communication ports / connections between base and receiver enable the Admin GUI to 'manage server' and how might I approach testing that communication in the scenario above, where deployments are still succeeding, but the admin communication is broken?
Thank as always,
Wally Box
Nike, Inc.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi Wally -
Port 9173 is initially used for the RMI registry. I think it may then reassign the port for the actual communication (a la RPC), but I'm not 100% sure on that one. If Mariam is around, perhaps she could weigh in with the official response.
Migrateduser
Check out the ports chapter of the OD Reference manual. Essentially, 9173 is the registry port, and then there's a port for subsequent communication between admin server and receiver.
In older OD's, it was actually 15 ports I think. RMI would assign a unique port per object in the receiver. I think it was in 6.0 or thereabouts that we figured out how to collapse the 15 ports into 1. (Wally, I remember you hassling me about that at a GearUp a few years ago!) Any way, the OD Ref will explain which ports are used for what.