Would this be due to the fac that this is cgi task is the start task?
Hi, I have a cgi task in a workflow as the start task. so when the workflow starts, a message is printed on the cgi window saying that the files have been sent to be processed. This means that the workflow continues with the rest of the tasks in the workflow. However, if I refresh the CGI window before closing it, the workflow restarts for the same set of files. I am doing a check in the cgi script in the CGI Task to see if the task is valid. It is valid every time I refresh the window since the workflow is initiated each time.Any ideas why refreshing the cgi window will start a new job?ThanksAnna Dalas.
It's not really kicking off duplicate workflow at the same time.On the first round, the workflow starts by initiating a job and then the first task which is the cgi task. I kept the cgi window open and let the workflow end, so there's no tasks on my task list. However when I refresh the cgi window that I kept open, a brand new job is started. In the cgi script, I am using the regular call back method. But I dont't think this matters since the workflow ended properly in the first place.Just a side note. I have a log file for both the .wft file and the cgi script.When I refresh the cgi window, a new log file for both the .wft and the script is created. This means that a new workflow is being kicked in.Is it possible that the cgi window still has the post variables assinged to it on the first time. I mean, how is that possible.
jobs being duplicated. As fish said, your code will either be rerun or (more likely in this situation), you should get an error because the job and task that you're referencing are no longer valid.
So, it doesn't matter that you're dealing with a CGI task or that the task is even the first in the workflow. It doesn't do anything special with regard to workflow operation. That is, all it does is captures the job ID and task ID (and it captures it not from the workflow instantiation screen because neither of these objects exists yet) and creates Workflow and Task objects based on them. If either of these is not valid, you will receive an error.
Judging from fish's response and also from the lack of any other fingerprints on this thread (i.e. other people posting messages), we're missing something. This is not typical behavior and perhaps there is something else that is not apparent.
Dave
I don't recall all the details, but there was a version of TeamSite in which, if the start task was a cgitask, it was swapped into the same window as the wft instantiator without changing the location attribute on the browser. This resulted in exactly the issue you are seeing. What is your TS version/UI/OS/etc?
Hi,You are right. since this is a cgi task and the first task in the workflow, it takes the same window. I am using TS5.5.2 on windows 2000.I looks like the .wft file is being rerun when the window is refreshed.Any idea how I can bypass this?