Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DB to XML ownership problem
aputnam
I am using a DB to XML DataDeploy deployment in a tool. The resultant file defined in <xml-formatted-data> is always owned by root,other. This causes a problem when I try to delete it later. Is there any way to define the ownership os this file when it is created. I check the dtd and there is nothing there.
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dwayne
I may be mistaken, but I don't think it matters who owns the file if all you want to do is delete it. As long as you have write permission in the directory that contains the file, I think you should be able to delete it. At least, that's true on my Linux box.
You could try setting the SGID bit on the directory that holds the files, so that you can control the group that owns the files, but you'd also have to set the umask on the OD process to make sure that the group got write permission.