Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Web Services For Use With Mac Client Configuration
ma_carson_reinke
I changed the configuration of the Web Services to enable LDAP support for use with the Mac Client (page 55 of MediaBin Asset Server Administration Guide, Release 4.5.1). I also enabled anonymous access with IUSR_* with write access to the temporary folder for downloads. While testing this, I was able to login as a Domain user without providing a password!!!
So I reverted to Domain authentication, but was only able to get it to work with Basic authentication.
Has anybody configured this correctly and securely?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
msnider
When you configured the Web Service for LDAP, did you enable Anonymous access only in IIS AND also comment out the relevant sections of the web.config file?
ma_carson_reinke
Yes I did, but it still allows login without a password.
lyman
Can you reproduce the problem with the Windows Native Client? The problem may lie in how the server is set up but this will help track it down.
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd
ma_carson_reinke
No, it still requires password for the Windows Native Client.
msnider
When you logged in as a domain user without providing the password, can you use the MediaBin Enterprise Manager to verify that you are indeed logging in as that user.
Also, are you persisting the MediaBin connection? (the default behavior is not to, but you can by calling BeginPersistentConnection or by setting the PersistConnection value in web.config) If the domain user's connection was created correctly using the password and the connection is persisted, then it would appear that you can log in with no password\incorrect password simply because you are still reusing the old connection...i.e a new login is not initiated therefore the password is not flagged as incorrect.
Mark