Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Newbie to OD Reporting - a handful of ??s
System
Hey DevNetters -
I got OD Reporting implemented on top of an Oracle DB earlier this week and am looking around the system and have some questions:
1) Can I replicate the 'in past 24 hours' queriy capability into custom Quick Reports?
I find the quick reports of the past 24 hours are handy and I'd like to create ones that report on other conditions within the past 24 hours. But when I edit one of them with the sql editor and modify it with my conditions, it puts in a hardcoded start and stop time. So, as far as I can tell, I'd have to do this each time and can't really create a "Quick" report with it.
2) Does the file / directory deployed information get fed into the reporting db?
I just assumed that, once I'd gotten the Reporting function working, that I'd be able to write some reports on how many files / directories, total volume, etc. of content got deployed in a certain timeframe or by a certain group. But I don't see that level of detail being captured. Am I correct in this?
3) Can I use the 'link' function in my own queries?
I like how some quick reports (Deployments in past 24 hours, for instance) show links within the returned data that can drive down to additional information. Is this function available when developing custom queries?
4) Is there a library of additional reports available?
Thanks for info on any of the above.
All my ODs are on Solaris at version 6.0.2. We're not using any DataDeploy.
Wally Box
Nike, Inc.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
1) Can I replicate the 'in past 24 hours' queriy capability into custom Quick Reports?
If you use the Custom Report screen to create your query and save as a quick report, it should create SQL that gives you the behavior I think you want. You may need to work with Tech Support to see if there's a user error or if a bug got introduced into the SQL generation code.
2) Does the file / directory deployed information get fed into the reporting db?
Which files / dirs got deployed should be in the database along with additional details about the deployment job. You can query for all data on a given table in the SQL screen to see what's there. Stats on number of files, etc. can be computed from the database. I believe that's how the stats pop-up UI does it. Data volume is not captured; Feature Request 47197 is on file.
3) Can I use the 'link' function in my own queries?
Not really. Those are hard coded into the UI.
4) Is there a library of additional reports available?
No, what's supplied are intended as examples. You can either build and save custom queries (as you've been experimenting with), or integrate a third party reporting tool with the reporting database.