Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Am a bit stuck with DataDeploy Implementation
raviswamy
Hi,
Here is my issue :
I have 10 datatypes with 10 different datadeploy ie : one for each datatype.
Now, changing one dcr would affect the other dcrs. ie : If I make a change to one dcr I have to modify all the other dcrs and then datadeploy them. It is imperative that all the datadeploy goes thru successfully. Failure in one should rollback all the other datadeploys. Hope you get it ...
Lets say I have a handset for which the price has change. So the prices for all the contracts that has the handset would change. If the datadeploy succeeds for handset but fails for a contract, then I need to rollback the handset datadeploy too.
If I am being clear in my issue, can someone advice/suggest some solution.
Thanx
Ravi
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bill Klish
Depending on the version of DataDeploy you have this could be easier.
I think you would need to have one large datadeploy deployment that accounted for all of your data in the same deployment, otherwise, your dependency and rollback would not be possible.
Are these 10 datatypes going into multiple tables?
raviswamy
Yep .. they are going into multiple table. I did feel that I may have to have just one large DD config file.
I am using TS 6.5 SP2 , OD 6.0.2 & DD 5.6.
Thanx and I appreciate your response.
Ravi
raviswamy
I have another question.
Lets say we have a successful DataDeploy. Is there any way I can force a rollback to that ? ( ...will be a long shot ..)