Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Can datadeploy deployments use dnr?
cesarecastro
Can datadeploy deployments use dnr?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
You can run datadeploy deployments from a DNR script if that what you ment.
cesarecastro
Thank you that was my question.
Bill Klish
In the newer releases of OpenDeploy (6.x), there are capabilities provided by the dbLoader tag that may simplify things for you. Are you on an older version?
cesarecastro
All I am trying to do is run a very simple script at the end of a data deployment on a linux server. I have used DNRs before but never with datadeploy. Do you have a sample to use?
My main problem is how do I define the target and where do I set the deploymenttast?
So base on the format listed below where and how do I set the targetbox and the jobtask to run the script. I tried looking for a sample but I cound not find one any where in the docs.
area="/default/main/SITE/Recipes/en/WORKAREA/Publisher"
area-type="ts-filesystem" xml-type="custom" custom="yes">
visit-directory="deep"/>
update-type = "standalone"
state-field = "state"
enforce-ri = "yes"
delete-tracker = "yes">
results-program = "" />
cesarecastro
area="/default/main/SITE/Recipes/en/WORKAREA/Publisher"
area-type="ts-filesystem" xml-type="custom" custom="yes">
visit-directory="deep"/>
update-type = "standalone"
state-field = "state"
enforce-ri = "yes"
delete-tracker = "yes">
results-program = "" />
cesarecastro
I can not post my sample. Do you have a sample I can check out.
volumeoffline.zip
Bill Klish
2 things:
1) attach your sample as a file so it doesn't keep getting parsed out.
2) What version of OpenDeploy/DataDeploy is this?
Adam Stoller
I don't believe DNRs are part of the DataDeploy configuration file DTD.
If you do an OD/DD syncrhonization (either invoking DD from a DNR or, through a dbLoader element) - then you can invoke a DNR as part of the overall deployment process - but the DNR is tied more directly to the OD portion than the DD portion.
cesarecastro
Thank you Ghotti. You gave me the answer I needed.
I was trying to Run a DNR task from within a DD deployment. But from what I am hearing here is that DDs do not support DNR task BUT I can use a OD deployment scritp to do both the DD deployment and DNR task.
Kewl, I'll get started on this! Thx for you help.
cesarecastro
By the way we are running on 6.1 version of OD.