Hi,I am using TS6.5, SolarisRecently I noticed that all the transition comments of the tasks are appended as file comments on the files attached to the workflow.Anyone has an idea about it? how can I disable this feature!RegardsMilind
Milind,If you are saying about the submission comments of all files attach to the workflow after the submit task... then i don't think so there is any method to disable the feature. The reason is that submit task works as iwsubmit which needs submission comment as parameter and the task picks up transition comment as the same.Morover logically... submit direct is the option where a comment is not asked for submission. But not known as how to use the command thru CLT or any workflow task.
Even if it takes task comments it should take only the submit task comments. In my case it is taking the whole trail of comments from each and every task !!
Executing iwsubmit through CLT is not a big deal, it will need to write a script and loop through all the files. It is always better to use features provided by TS instead of re-inventing the wheel again , what you say?
That's very strange... i have never checked that.Can you please check it if you have time?I haven't said you use iwsubmit... i was just explaining out the behind the scenes logic of a submittask. You are absolutely right to use the IWOV features, until and unless it is a requirement of its own.
savecomments— specifies whether to allow comments that were directly associated with the files during the course of the workflow to remain associated with those files, in the workflow context, even after the files have been submitted. This is useful if you are going to try to extract those comments for something like email notification after the submit task.
savecomments
Personally, I've never thought much about this attribute or its purpose, and I'm still not sure this is directly related to what you're seeing,
Adam,I have used the attribute and by default has the value as FALSE. Within the workflow wherever it transition thru a submittask... it will remove all the earlier comments for all the tasks already transitioned and starts off with new comments. These are the transition comments visible at last with the task details window, however Milind has to open a support ticket as all these comments are getting attached to each and every file associated with workflow as a submission comment.
It would still help to know if this is an un-modified OOTB WFT or a custom WFT with custom scripts.If the latter - then there's a chance that it's the customizations that are causing the problem and not the submittask itself.I don't have a system to play around with for workflows right now - so I can't verify it myself - but I find it hard to believe that this exists as a bug in the submittask and hasn't been seen until now (not impossible, just hard to believe)
Hi,We have custom WFT, the wft file is attached.Please note : On leave for 2 days so may not be able to reply your queries.RegardsMilind
That's alright - as it's a custom wft with custom scripts (that were not included) there's no way to debug it anyway.The question is - can you reproduce the problem you are experiencing with one of the OOTB workflows? If not - the problem is in your code somewhere (wft or scripts - most likely scripts).
Hi,I can send the external tasks code.My guess is, there should be something in wft file to be fixed and not in the external task scripts, because in any of the scripts I am not submitting attached files or adding file comments.While the job is in progress I don't see the comments, the comments are added only after the Submit Task is executed.Yes, I tried to run OOTB submit workflow and it's not appending the task comments!RegardsMilind
If your scripts build up / modify the comments associated with each file prior to the submittask, that could (potentially, haven't verified) cause the kind of behavior you're seeing - because I believe it is the file comments which get used during the submit process in a submittask.Given that the OOTB workflows do not exhibit this behavior - my guess is that the problem is in one of the scripts used by your custom wft - though I supposed it could be in the wft itself - I just happen to doubt it.I'm not planning to spend any amount of time trying to debug your code at this point - I suggest you do that.