Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Problem for WorkSite MP Office Integration checkin function
jman
Hi,
WSMP4.1SP1 HFB7.
It seems there is a problem on Office Integration that would like to seek help and this is quite important regarding to the check-in/check-out operation of document:
1. Select a document from a the folder on WEB interface. Choose the "Check out" button. Then click on the "Open Document" checkbox.
2. The word document was opened and checkout from WorkSite MP DMS. Make some amendment.
3. Then use the Office Integration save button to check-in the document. If failed. Seems that only the document used Office Integration open can use the Office Integration close to check in.
For this case, I check out from web and checkin the document from Office Integration save button failed. I found that the version had not been update or upload to the WorkSite MP.
When I used the Office Integration save button, and deliberately use the Check out list function to force check in while I am opening the document, the WorkSite MP complain that the file is opened and not allow me to check in.
In summary, it is ok if:-
I check out / check in from web, or check out /check in from outlook, or check out /check in from Office integration.
However if I use web to check out and use office integration save to check in, it simply does not work.
Any idea, please help!
Thanks,
John
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Nicholas
I am not able to try this right away but it seems like a bug/functional limit. You may want to contact to support for this issue.
Thanks Nicholas
jman
I found out that there's an setting under "My WorkSite">"Options", the setting name is called "Integrated Checkout".
However, I need to pre-set this to "on" for every users, and looking for some way to do it. Anyone have information on this setting field? e.g. which table in the DB is storing this?
Thanks,
John
Nicholas
Thanks for the clarification John.
jman
Do you have any idea on where the "Integrated Checkout" setting is stored on the server?
John
Nicholas
No idea on this John.
Resume1.rptdesign
PrintResume.xml