Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Should I be using DataDeploy for this task?
System
Hi all
Having read through the documentation for DataDeploy, I'm a little confused whether I should be using it for the following:
We have an MS SQL Server 2000 master database of product information on our internal network. Our security people are only permitting opendeploy (and datadeploy, which we currently do not use) to upload content to our web farm servers in our DMZ.
We had planned to upload the product info in XML files using opendeploy, but could DataDeploy be used to deploy the database content (via stored procedures?) to the required XML files in a slicker process?
I've seen in the DD documentation that it is appropriate to be used for DB to XML, but I'm unsure whether it can be used for anything other than Teamsite specific applications.
any advice much appreciated!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet