Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Execute a workflow (wft file) using CSSDK
nagwani
Hi,
I am trying to execute a workflow which pushes file(s) from workarea to staging and deploys to target server using CSSDK. It works great using the UI.
How can i do this using CSSDK? All i see is an example to push to staging as in DoSubmitDirectBean.
I am expecting some api which asks for a wft file and list of files as input.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iw_store
Hi,
you can use submit command to submit files through RunTime of java.
Sanjeev
projectrequest_sample.rptdesign
Dwayne
CSSDK doesn't, as far as I know, have anything at the level your asking about. The assumption is that a WFT file is going to require some user input, and the result will be a job specification file. Since CSSDK is about communication with the server, and not with the user, there's noting there about processing a WFT file directly.
Having said that, it's certainly possible to instantiate workflows using CSSDK. I've done it. All you need to do is to create the job spec XML what would result from the WFT file, and pass that to the appropriate CSSDK function (I don't remember the exact one off the top of my head, but I can look it up later if you don't have the docs.)
If you're not sure what the job spec would look like, then turn on debugging in your existing WFT file and run it from the GUI. You should see the XML that was generated by the WFT. Just substitute in the things that change (job/task owners, file list, perhaps some other stuff) in your java code and you should be good to go.
nagwani
Guys, thanks much for your inputs. Seems like
CSWorkflowEngine.createWorkflow(String xmlSpec); should do the job