OK, so I am putting together a script (TS 6.5 on DOS) to recursively go through 2 Editions, show files and diffs. Just looking for ideas. I would like to jsut download gnu diff (which can run recursivly) but they frown on download SW here (perl mods as well). So I am stuck with standard TS.My thought is read all files from Ed1 into a hash. Read Ed 2. Compare to has and determine, new files, and deleted files (easy) and then modified files. The question is what is the best way to get a diff of 2 files ? Is there a standard PM ? I was going to play with iwmerge.ipl and see if that will provide any insight. Other ideas ?Andy
If you're on Unix - the OOTB diff utility should support the -r flag for recursive processing. [...] (I thought TS used to ship with gnu diff packaged as iwdiff but if I recall correctly, the last time I looked it wasn't there).
iwdiff is still there, at least under 6.5.0 sp2 on Solaris, but is not mentioned in the doc ts.650a.clt.unix.pdfI also found iwdiffdir in the manual now, very similar to iwcmp, and I guess not runnable on editions.