TS 6.5 SP2 Solaris 8When using a select field (not multiple select) there appears to be two EA's that are always set.1. TeamSite/Metadata/_Field_=_Value_2. TeamSite/Metadata/_Field_/_Value_=yI've always noticed this behavior but I'd like to supress the second EA. I don't even understand what it's there for.Any clues?
We have EA tuple processors that read the EA's and send them to BEA Portal via BulkLoader. So now we'll have to strip out any keys with '/' in them. I'd rather remove the feature than work around it.
I think it is there for searchJust gives you 2 ways to ge tto the data
don't understand your sentence how do you get to it when you just see by 'y' that it's simply set....
for a phd, you certainly do not understand muchIf I have a scrolling list selections a,b,c,d. Each can map straight to a DB column and you can get to it with a simple select
Someone from engineering once explained to one of my colleagues that they "had" to code it that way to handle any element that could be multivalued. To me that seems like an egregious extension of the word had. There are a number of reasons why this behaviour really bothers me - like the inability to deploy a properly normalized data model from multi-valued EAs. The sheer ****-ugliness of it is pretty annoying, too.