Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Factory Web Service
roachm
There are two methods under the Factory Class that I would like to know what they do.
BeginCreateWorkspace
EndCreateWorkspace
I do not see mention of these methods in the documentation that i have. If Any one who can tell me when they should be used I would appreciate it.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
guido1
They're nothing to do with the web service per se; they're generated automatically when you create any .NET web service and are used for asynchronous invocation
Basically you get 3 methods when you author a web service:
1. the method as defined (e.g. CreateWorkspace) - this is for synchronous invocation
2. Begin
(e.g. BeginCreateWorkspace): will start the web service, but continue processing other code
3. End
(e.g. EndCreateWorkspace): will end an asynchronous call to a web service method
hope that helps