Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Special Characters and Processors
System
Hi,
I am using MT 4.1 and TS 6.5 on Solaris. My question is: How do I configure the preprocessor to deal with special characters in the DCR's. For example, if someone uses an "&" in the title field, the user cannot tag the file. Currently, we are using the SpecialCharsPostProcessor.pl to do this but it is not working. Has anybody run into this problem and if so how did your resolve it.
Thanks.
Claire
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
SpecialCharsPostProcessor.pl doesn't ship as part of MT, so it must be a customization. If you could post it, we might be able to provide some guidance. The name is suspicous, though - seems like you'd want an pre-processor and not a post-processor...
Cheers,
Clark
Migrateduser
Hi Clark,
Thanks for your response. Actually we are using specialCharactersPostProccessor as a post-processor. And yes, I agree I think this problem should be dealt with in our preprocessors. We are using the following preprocessors: iwmthtmlproc and replicatemetadata and I have attached a copy of each. I'm thinking of using CDATA - I could wrap around some of the values in in one of the preprocessors, but I'm unsure. Thanks again.
Migrateduser
The zip file didn't seem to be correct - the listing was:
iwmthtmlproc.html - 0 bytes
replicatemetadata.ipl - 14790 bytes
blueinsight/replicatemetadata.ipl - 10246 bytes
Could it be iwmthtmlproc.html is being called instead of iwmthtmlproc ?
Thanks,
Clark
PS - have you considered using XSLT instead of perl for replicatemetadata?
Migrateduser
Clark,
I wish the answer could be as simple as calling iwhtmlproc.html, however it isn't. When I downloaded the file the html extension was added automatically. If you open it up you will see that it is one of the processors that come "out of the box" from teamsite. Anyway, thanks for trying.
Claire
Migrateduser
Can you post your metatagger.cfg ?
Thanks,
Clark
Migrateduser
Hi Clark, I've attached the metatagger.cfg per your request.
Thanks again for your help.
Claire
Migrateduser
I figured it out. You can either wrap CDATA around the values in replicatemetadata.ipl or add a perl script to the same file. We added the perl script, here it is:
print STDOUT &EncodeToUtf($inputstream);
Thanks.
Claire