Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
MediaBin Resolution Change
Aryan
Hello All,
Can resolution of an Image be changed from the MediaBin WebClient UI?
This is URGENT. Eagerly awating response.
Thanks,
Yadhu
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
You can repurpose images from a low resolution format to a higher resolution format. Customer Support will be responding to your MediaBin technet inquiry to get more details on exactly what you're trying to do.
Aryan
Hello MediaBin_MTS,
Thanks a lot for your response.
I have a question here. Do I have to contact the tech support team for this or will the tech support personel contact me?
If I have to contact them, It would be superb if you can share their contact details.
Thanks,
Yadhu
Migrateduser
I checked with our tech support and she was in the process of answering questions identical to those posted here. She said they had been also posted on technet, which the product support team monitors. That's why we assumed you had posted on both forums. Members of the development team monitors devnet for questions pertaining to areas of the mediabin product line we are familiar with. I'm familiar with the web client, deployment agent, and the COM SDK. If an issue looks like it might require hands-on troubleshooting or may be a bug, we ask the customer to contact product support.
In terms of your question about resolution, can you provide more details about exactly what you're trying to do and I may be able to provide an answer.
Aryan
Thanks for the info.
What I wanted to know is whether one can change he resolution of an image using the MediaBin WebClient. Please let us know the same.
Also when I try to use the MediaBin Windows client to do this, it saves the re-resolutioned image on to my local machine and not the repository.
Please let me know the same.
Migrateduser
All functions available in the native Windows Client are available in the web client except task creation.
Tasks can be used to change the resolution of an image when it is being inserted into MediaBin or extracted from MediaBin.
Repurposing of images is done on input or retrieval only. If you want to repurpose an image already in MediaBin, you will need to extract and reinsert it.
Migrateduser
Please notice that there is a bug that does not allow you to change resolutions when the original image was generated by Photoshop (i.e., you will not be able to change the resolution of a JPG generated by Photoshop)
It's been there since 4.01 at least, and as far as I understand it's still there in 4.5.3
Bug number is 62890, originating from Case 1222109.
lyman
Wanted to clarify last response. That bug concerns one particular file that is not recognized by the JPEG library as valid although Photoshop will ingest it. Windows Picture Viewer, for example, will not. Not sure what exactly went wrong when it was formed (i.e., what the steps to have this happen are). The file inserts into MediaBin as generic. The JPEG library reports extraneous bytes preceding the first marker segment.
I apologize that this did not get communicated better earlier.
On the subject of the original post, there is a distinction between changing the resolution which is the interpretation of the pixel values (i.e., if an image is 100x100 pixels depending on the resolution that could correspond to an images size of 1 cm by 1 cm or 1 m by 1 m!), and resampling to change the actual number of pixels. MediaBin handles both these cases via the Image Size primitive.
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd
Migrateduser
There seems to be some misunderstanding about that case and bug... Lyman, can you contact me directly please? The mail address is in the case.
Thanks.
Aryan
Thanks a lot for the info.