Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Doubt regarding 'Adding comments' while check in
vipinpc
Hi,
I'm using Desksite 8.0. I'm having trouble adding comments.
When i'm trying to add 'Comment' to a document during checkin, the comment is not getting updated in the 'History'. the following is the code i'm using
document.CheckInEx StrFilename, imCheckinReplaceOriginal,
imDontKeepCheckedOut, imHistoryCheckin, App.EXEName, "Y", ""
*strFileName is the name of the file.
I dont wanna create a new version of the document. what i want is to replace the existing one. But in the 'History' i have to add the comments.
Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this line of code. Also suggest me if there is a better way to do it.
Thanks and Regards
Vipin
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jny
This could be a bug. The only other way you may put comment in the history is by adding it to the HistorList. This, however, will cost you another audit.
vipinpc
Hi Jny,
Thanks for the reply. i checked the help manual and what i have found out in is with 'checkinex' 'Comments' is one of the parameters. I checked the help manual of the older version also(iManage). There also i found the same thing. and they have very specifically given that comments can be passed as a parameter. they have given a sample code also.
If mydocument.checkout=true
mydocument.checkInEx("A:\sample.doc",nrReplaceOriginal,_
nrDontKeepCheckout,nrHistoryCheckin,app.EXEName, _
"Check in by Amy",Errorresult)
End if
*Check in by Amy is the comment
I tried the same method also. the document is checkin in properly without any trouble. But for some reason the 'Comment' is not getting updated.
This could be a bug with th API. i'm not sure
jny
Right. As previously mentioned, this could be a bug.
I checked and indeed this has been reported as a defect.
vipinpc
Hi jny,
Thanks for the reply. I think now i better use Document.Historylist.Add method to have the history comments updated during checkin.
Incase if you hear anything about this......I mean if they rectify this defect please let me know.
jny
Contact Interwoven Technical Support, via e-mail at
Worksite-support@interwoven.com
, with the defect number to inquire the status of this bug. The defect number is 41973.
I would wait a couple of weeks as this is a newly reported bug so it's most likely not being reviewed yet.
vipinpc
Ok jny. i'll send a mail to them and as soon as i hear from them i'll let u know.