Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OpenDeploy delivery adapter for WebSphere
ang1
Hi,
We are using ControlHub2.0 in solaris environment and I am hoping I can get some pointers from someone with previous experience here.
We want to deploy J2EE apps on WAS app server cluster on AIX boxes and the WAS deployment manager is installed on a separate box. The app servers looks at a separate NetFiler for the .ear file.
We do not have OpenDeploy receiver installed on app servers. It is installed only on the NetFiler where we will deploy the .ear file. I want to check, if we can use OD WAS delivery adapter to install the application on app servers and stop/start app servers.
My question is - which box does the delivery adapter has to run on?
- App server
- Deployment manager server or
- Any other box
Can we run the delivery adaptor on OD receiver (not the deployment mgr or app server) and it can install apps on app servers?
Does the delivery adaptor use IBM's script to install the app? My question here is do we have to install any WAS specific SW on OD receiver in this situation.
Thanks,
-Anurag Gupta
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Delivery adapter calls I believe xmlaccess to do the push into Websphere.. so this tool needs to be local to the receiver..so some client needs to be there... but you should be able to keep the appserver can be on another machine.
Mariam
ang1
Thanks Mariam. What is xmlaccess. Is it a tool provided by IBM or is it part of ControlHub? I am trying to see if ControlHub can directly make a connection to the app servers or does it invoke some IBM tool/deployment manager?
Thanks,
-Anurag
Migrateduser
I'm sorry it's not xmlaccess. It is a jacl script wsappinstall.jacl.
What you need to have is "IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment" installed with OD Receiver in order to support remote Websphere Application Server.
Mariam